In these late summer days, let's still enjoy a salad. Today I prepared it with watermelon cubes, grilled cherry tomatoes and goat cheese flakes. I accompanied it all with barley, rich in fiber and iron.
This salad can be kept for 2-3 days in the refrigerator, closed in an airtight container.
Recipes you might enjoy:
I'd like to know what you think. Also, if you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on Instagram! To stay updated with the newest recipes, follow me on Pinterest and join my email list.
Barley Salad with Watermelon
Servings: 4 people
- 200 gr. barley or kamut
- 400 gr. watermelon pulp
- 320 gr. cherry tomatoes
- 80 gr. aged goat cheese
- 100 gr. of salad
- 100 gr. red onion from Tropea
- 2 large cucumbers about 350/400 gr.
- 80 gr. pitted black olives
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- balsamic vinegar to taste
- Bring salted water to a boil and cook the barley for the time indicated on the package. Once cooked, let it cool.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them in half. Heat the plate and, when it is hot, place the cherry tomatoes with the peel facing upwards. Roast on both sides.
- Cut the watermelon, remove the seeds and cut it into cubes.
- Cut the cheese into flakes and set aside.
- Finely slice the onion. Peel the cucumber and cut it into thin slices.
- Clean and wash the salad, dry it thoroughly and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, combine the salad, watermelon, onion, cucumber, roasted cherry tomatoes. Complete with black olives, flaked cheese and barley.
- Season with salt, oil and balsamic vinegar
STORAGE This salad can be kept for 2-3 days in the refrigerator, closed in an airtight container.
Leave a Reply