Recipes you might enjoy:
Cabbage and Beans Soup
Servings: 4 people
- 800 g savoy cabbage
- 150 g dried borlotti beans
- 1 piece of celery
- 2 carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- rosemary fresh
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- The night before, soak the beans in a bowl.
- First, prepare a mixture with celery, carrots and garlic. In a saucepan, brown the mixture with a little oil, let it flavor for a few minutes, stirring.
- Add the drained beans, pour in the water to cover them, add the bay leaf and cook over medium-low heat for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Wash the cabbage, remove the outer leaves and cut it first in half and then into strips.
- At this point add the cabbage and rosemary. Salt and pepper. If necessary, add more hot water or vegetable broth.
- Continue cooking over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 30/40 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- When the soup is cooked, pour it into bowls and serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and croutons.
You can replace dried beans with pre-cooked ones, so as to halve cooking times. If you prefer, you can blend the soup, so as to have an excellent creamy soup.