This soft cheesy puff pastry tart is easy and quick to make. It’s a wonderful appetizer as well as a light dinner with a simple green salad on the side.
This stracchino puff pastry tart is a recipe that will appeal to young and old alike for its creaminess.
Puff pastry topped with soft cheese, pecorino and topped with excellent oregano. So simple, easy, and delicious.
Cheese was the inspiration for this recipe. I had a last minute dinner and some soft cheese to finish. As soon as I realized that I also had the puff pastry, I realized that too was saved with a delicious dinner that the whole family would have enjoyed
Then, take the puff pastry and garnish it with that creamy cheese. Sprinkle with grated pecorino and, finally, season with salt, pepper and oregano.
And…..straight into the oven
As soon as the tart comes out of the oven, cut it into slices and eat it immediately so as to fully appreciate all its creaminess. I assure you that every bite will be so good that you will wish it would never end.
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 250 gr Stracchino Crescenza (or any other soft cheese)
- 30 gr pecorino cheese
- 1 yolk egg
- First, leave the puff pastry to defreeze at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven at 180°.
- Unroll the puff pastry and let it lay on the tin with its parchment paper.
- .With a fork pinch the puff pastry all over.
- Roll over the edges of the puff pastry inwards and brush with beaten egg.
- Cut the cheese into pieces, then put in the center of the pastry.
- Sprinkle with pecorino cheese, a little black pepper and the oregano.
- Bake the tart for about 30 minutes.
- Serve the Cheesy Tart immediately.