Are you looking for an easy recipe? Something light without having to give up pasta? Here's my summer dish of excellence: Lemon Tagliatelle! 🍝🍋 Ready in less than 20 min!
Made with fresh lemon, onion, black pepper, wine and parsley, this vegetarian recipe is full of flavor.
A quick and easy Lemon Pasta. The lemon is caramelized in butter and a little bit of sugar. This pasta is delicious and easy to make, it is perfect for lunches and dinners during the week.
It is definitely a “pantry” pasta, considering that all the ingredients are present in all our homes.
What makes this recipe great
There is nothing complicated in the recipe for noodles.
It’s a quick and easy-to-make recipe.
All the ingredients are present in all our homes.
it is perfect for lunches and dinners during the week.
- Tagliatelle: I like to make this pasta with dry egg tagliatelle, but you can also use spaghetti or linguine (remember to increase the doses!) Do you want homemade Tagliatelle? Check out my post here
- Lemon: lemon must be absolutely fresh and unwaxed. Use both the zest and the lemon pulp for a real zingy flavor.
-Onion: use freshly sliced onion for the best flavor. It can be replaced by 3 shallots.
-Wine: dry white wine.
- Oil: I always use extra virgin olive oil, but you can use avocado or vegetable oil.
-Parsley: Use fresh parsley for a burst of herby freshness throughout the dish.
While the water was boiling, I caramelized the lemon slices with a teaspoon of sugar in the butter, I added the wine and let it evaporate.
I cook the tagliatelle in boiling salted water and drain them 2 minutes before the time indicated on the package, reserving a little cooking water
I add them directly to the pan with the sauce and dressed the pasta with lemon sauce and sprinkled it with fresh parsley and lemon zest.
How to prepare gluten-free Lemon Tagliatelle: use gluten-free tagliatelle
How to make this recipe vegan: replace the butter with a vegan one and use tagliatelle without eggs.
Add in some grated parmesan to richness the flavor of your dish.
Recipes you might enjoy:
Creamy Lemon Pasta Recipe
- 300 gr dried egg Tagliatelle
- 60 gr unsalted butter
- 40 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 blond onion or 3 shallots
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- fresh flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- salt and black pepper
- Wash the lemon well and grate the zest, avoiding the white part which is very bitter. Remove the remaining zest and cut the lemon into thin slices.
- In a non-stick pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat, then add the sliced lemon and cook until golden brown.
- Add sugar and cook until caramelized.
- Finely slice the onion and fry it in a large pan with the oil until golden. Season with salt.
- Pour in the wine, let it evaporate and then add the lemon sauce.
- Cook the tagliatelle in boiling salted water. Drain them 2 minutes before the time indicated on the package, reserving a little cooking water and add them directly to the pan with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and, stirring constantly, stir the noodles until cooked, adding the cooking water if necessary.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of pepper and grated lemon zest.