This simple mushroom and potato pasta is ready in just 20 minutes, such a comfortable and tasty dish. Ideal for any day of the week, for when you have little time but don't want to give up a delicious and healthy meal.
You make it with a handful of ingredients you may already have on hand right now. You need potatoes, mushrooms (they can be fresh, frozen or dried), pasta and sage. In the summer, on my walks in the mountains, I stock up on mushrooms which I then freeze and during the winter I always use these stocks.
This pasta with mushrooms, potatoes and sage is really good, great ingredients that put together are just Wow!
Personally I love to add aromatic herbs to all my dishes, they give them that extra something! In this dish I used sage, browned it and gave off that unmistakable scent.
First I cut the potatoes into cubes and cooked them in plenty of water. I sautéed mushrooms in a pan with garlic. In a separate pan I seasoned the oil with sage, so that all its aroma was released.
When the potatoes were almost cooked, I pulled them out of the water and finished cooking them by browning them with the sage.
I used the pot where I cooked the potatoes to cook the pasta. Once ready, I drained it and poured it with mushrooms. Finally, I combined the potatoes with the sage and mixed everything.
How to serve
I served this bowl of pasta with toasted breadcrumbs but, if you prefer, you can also serve it with grated Parmesan.
Recipes you might enjoy:
Mushroom Pasta with Potatoes and Sage
- 350 gr. Big Fusilli or any other short pasta of your choice
- 400 mixes wild mushrooms
- 200 potatoes
- some bunches of fresh sage
- 1 glove of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Peel and dice the potatoes in small cubes, then pour into a large pan full of water. Bring it to the boil and simmer on a medium heat.
- Meanwhile, heat ⅘ tablespoons of olive oil in a large enough pan, add the peeled garlic and mushrooms. Salt and cook over low heat for about 15/20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Salt the boiling water, add the pasta and cook it “al dente” according to the packet instructions.
- Drain pasta and potatoes and pour into the frying pan with the mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with a nice handful of thyme leaves and serve.