Today’s plate is Pesto Lasagne, a yummy variant of the famous Ragù Lasagne. Pesto Lasagne is sure to become a family favorite. It will win over everyone's heart!
There’s nothing like the smell of freshly baked lasagna in the oven to make the day come alive. This Pesto Lasagna is bound to become a new family tradition
WHAT’S IN PESTO LASAGNA?
The fresh lasagna pasta is layered with a delicious homemade pesto and custardy ricotta mix, creamy bechamel sauce and parmesan that take this dish to the next level! Top the lasagna with generous amounts of cheese before baking for a mouth-wateringly delicious dinner.
This is an easy recipe for perfect comfort food that can be made ahead of time, frozen and reheated. Lasagna can be made in large quantities and the leftovers are still good to eat for a few days after!
Recipes you might enjoy:
- 250 gr fresh lasagna sheets
- 100 gr ricotta cheese
- 120 gr Pesto sauce if you want to make it see here
- Parmesan cheese
- pine nuts
- unsalted butter
For the bechamel:
- 600 ml. whole Milk
- 40 gr butter
- 40 gr flour
- 1 twist nutmeg
- Start preparing the béchamel. For this you will need to heat the milk in a pan and melt the butter in another pan.
- Remove the melted butter from the heat, add the flour, stirring with a whisk and put the pan back on the low heat for a few seconds so that the mixture softens.
- Remove from the heat again and gradually add the milk, stirring very well so as not to obtain lumps. When you have run out of all the milk, put the pan back on the heat, add salt and a pinch of nutmeg.
- At this point, cook the béchamel for 5 minutes, stirring thoroughly. Leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° c.
- To prepare the filling, place the ricotta and pesto in a bowl and mix with a fork until it becomes smooth and soft, adding a little hot water if the mixture seems too dry.
- Heat up a little frying pan without adding any seasoning, pour the pine nuts and toasts, making sure they do not burn. Then put it aside.
- In order to put together the lasagna you firstly grease up a baking dish with butter, then spoon a little béchamel, continue by putting a layer of lasagna sheets, a part of pesto and béchamel.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Repeat until all the ingredients are used, ending with a layer of pesto sauce and béchamel sauce, a sprinkling of Parmesan and some knobs of butter.
- Put the lasagna in the middle rack of the oven. Cook for 20 minutes, until the top starts to brown slightly.
- When cooked, leave to rest for 5 minutes, then add the toasted pine nuts and serve.