Pumpkin and Chickpea Pasta
Servings: 4 people
- 350 gr Orecchiette
- 350 gr. pumpkin
- 150 gr chickpeas drained
- 300 gr. Tomato sauce
- 70 gr. Speck
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- fresh rosemary and thyme chopped
- sea salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the Speck. Cut the pumpkin in little cubes.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a pan, add speck and let it fry over medium-high heat.
- Tip the pumpkin cubes into the pan and lightly fry them, too.
- Season with salt and black pepper, then stir into the drained chickpeas and the minced aromatic herbs. Mix well everything together and pour into the tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until tender, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the Orecchiette in a large pan of salted boiling water.
- Drain them al dente, reserving some cooking water and pour them into the pan with the prepared sauce.
- Put the pan over the heat, add a twist of pepper and some aromatic herbs and toss gently everything together for 30 seconds to allow all the flavours to combine.
- Serve immediately.