This pasta is wrapped in a simple sauce of pumpkin, mushrooms, and Parmesan. Pumpkin and Mushrooms Pasta is absolutely delicious especially when served with a sprinkling of toasted pumpkin seeds.
Each bite is so delicious and creamy. It’s the perfect way to spend a relaxing lunch or dinner with family or friends. My whole family loved this easy and quick dish.
Try it, your family will thank you!
If you're team pumpkin too, check out my Pumpkin Gnocchi from Scratch, Pumpkin and Chickpeas Orecchiette and Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze or Pumpkin Panna Cotta with Chocolate Ganache
Many think that pumpkin is an exclusively autumnal food, but that hasn’t stopped me from eating it whenever I get the chance!
What makes this recipe great
- No more than 30 minutes, makes this pasta recipe perfect for a great week's meal.
- its sweetish taste literally drives me crazy.
- It's easy and quick to make
I start with pumpkin, the queen of this recipe and where the idea for this pasta came from. I cut it into slices first and then into not too small cubes, I like to find consistency on the plate. I take the mushrooms, previously cleaned, and slice them. You can also find them already sliced!
The pumpkin is browned in a pan with a little chopped shallot.
I add the mushrooms and fresh parsley to the same pan and let it cook.
While the sauce is cooking, I boil the water in a large pot and cook the pasta.
As soon as the pasta is al dente, I sauté it with the pumpkin, mushrooms and Parmesan. I add some fresh parsley and mix well to make it flavor well.
And then I finish the dish with toasted pumpkin seeds, I really love them.
Recipes you might enjoy:
I'd like to know what you think. Also, if you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on Instagram! To stay updated with the newest recipes, follow me on Pinterest and join my email list.
Pumpkin and Mushrooms Pasta
- 350 gr Pipe or any other short shapes
- 400 gr. pumpkin
- 200 gr mushrooms
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 2 shallots
- ¾ tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- fresh parsley chopped
- sea salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a non-stick pan with a pinch of salt for a few minutes. Roughly chop them.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a pan, add the finely chopped shallots and let it fry until golden.
- Cut the pumpkin in little cubes and tip them into the pan. Cook for about 10 minutes over a low heat, loosening with some hot water, if necessary.
- Slice the mushrooms and stir into the pan together with the chopped parsley. Cook for further 10 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water. Drain them al dente, reserving some cooking water and pour them into the pan with the prepared sauce.
- Put the pan over the heat, add the Parmesan cheese and toss gently everything together for 30 seconds to allow all the flavors to combine.
- Sprinkle with the remaining parsley.
- Top with the toasted pumpkin seeds and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply