Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze
- Bundt Tin (9 inch)
- 300 gr. all-purpose flour
- 320 gr. pumpkin puree
- 230 gr. caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 210 ml of sunflower oil
- 16 gr. baking yeast
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cinnamon to taste
- salt a pinch
- 100 gr. powdered sugar
- 15 gr. lemon juice
- water to taste
- a few walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease and lightly flour a 24 cm diameter mold.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl. Add the cinnamon and salt.
- In a bowl or mixer, mix the eggs, pumpkin, oil, sugar and vanilla. Stir in the flours and work the mixture just enough to mix well.
- Pour everything into the pan and level.
- Cook for 40/45 minutes or until the appetizer comes out completely dry.
- Let it cool in the mold for a few minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Prepare the icing:
- Pour the sugar into a bowl, add very little water at a time (adjust according to the desired consistency), the lemon juice and mix with a whisk, until you get a smooth glaze.
- Garnish your Bundt with the glaze and a few walnuts.
Sandy Alessi says
Confused regarding the amount of yeast, and do you mix it in with the flour or add it to warm liquid first? It just wasn’t clear for me. Thank you—it looks delicious and I would love to make it. Sandy
the amount of baking yeast is 16 grams and I mix it (after sifting) with flour and baking soda in a bowl, you don't add any liquid. I hope you will enjoy it!