Finally, spring seems to have arrived and it's time to start with some fresh pasta recipes such as spaghetti with friggitelli.
A simple and tasty dish of pasta with friggitelli and cream of Robiola and chives!
A friggitelli pasta, chives with robiola that gives a good creaminess to the spaghetti recipe. This pasta is fresh and easy to prepare: perfect for lunch or dinner of the week throughout spring and summer.
If you are looking for a spaghetti recipe this is right for you!
If you peppers lover take a look at this delicious Yellow Peppers Jam
Some curiosities ..........
This spaghetti recipe was born some time ago from the need to finish these tasty green peppers and has now become one of the classics in the family.
But .... let's talk about the Friggitelli! They are sweet peppers, very tasty and crunchy. They are small and have an elongated shape and can be found from May onwards throughout the summer.
In southern Italy, friggitelli are best enjoyed fried, they are cooked in boiling oil as they are, without removing the seeds inside: a delicacy!
- Pasta, of course, you can choose any type of pasta you prefer, personally I love spaghetti very much and they are my first choice when I have to make a pasta dish.
- Friggitelli they must be of a nice bright green color, firm to the touch.
- Robiola is a fresh cheese, with a soft and creamy consistency and a fresh and slightly acidic flavor. You can replace it with ricotta or cream cheese like philadelphia.
- Chive, an aromatic plant with great properties and benefits, has a very pleasant aroma, similar to that of onion or shallot, but much more delicate, it is cut into small pieces to release all the aroma.
Thankfully, this spaghetti recipe only takes 30 minutes to make.
While the water is boiling, in a bowl I mix the Robiola with the chives and a drop of cooking water helps me to make everything very creamy. Once the peppers are cleaned, I cut them into strips and cook them in a non-stick pan with oil and garlic until they become tender.
When the spaghetti is al dente, I drain them retaining a little of the cooking water and mix them with the cream of robiola and chives, helping me with the cooking water to give it more creaminess. Finally, add the Friggitelli peppers and mix everything together.
The Friggiteli pepper pasta is ready to serve!
Recipes you might enjoy:
Pasta with Italian Peppers Recipe
- 350 gr Spaghetti
- 400 gr. italian friggitelli peppers
- 200 gr Robiola cheese
- 1 garlic clove peeled and crushed
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ⅔ tablespoon of fresh chives chopped
- Put the Robiola into a little bowl, then stir into the chives. Season lightly with salt and mix.
- Halve the peppers, deseed and slice them length-ways into strips,
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan over a medium high heat, then add the garlic and fry until golden.
- Tip into the peppers, season with salt and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the Spaghetti in a large pan of salted boiling water, according to packet instructions.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some cooking water, then return it into the pan.
- Stir into the Robiola and mix well, loosening with some cooking water to allow the cheese to melt.
- Add the peppers and toss everything together to allow the flavours to combine.
- Serve immediately.