Servings: 8 people
- 250 gr fresh Mascarpone
- 3 fresh eggs
- 80 gr sugar
- 150 gr ladyfinger
- 2 tablespoon Marsala or Rum
- 300 ml espresso cold
- ½ glass of milk
- cocoa powder
- Take off the fridge the mascarpone and the eggs half an hour before. Put the egg yolks in a bowl, add the sugar and beat well until the mixture becomes light and foamy (Fig. 1-2). Add the mascarpone and the liquor (Fig. 3).
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, using clean utensils (Fig. 6-7). Fold them very gently into the mascarpone mixture (Fig. 8).
- Pour the expresso with the milk in a wide, shallow dish. Dunk very quickly one lady finger at the time in the espresso liquid, turning it so that both sides are dipped.
- Line at the bottom of a dish (Fig. 9).
- Once finish the first layer, spoon half mascarpone mixture over the top. Repeat with another lady finger layer and the remaining mascarpone at last.
- Cover the Tiramisù and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
An electric mixer is best for this but, of course, you can beat it by hand. Store in a refrigerator and use within ¾ days.
Leave a Reply