Delicious biscuits with soft and chewy Nutella and hazelnuts, crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. Made with hazelnut flour and yogurt, they are the cookie you need right now!
They are big shortbread biscuits that are very easy and quick to make. What do I like about these cookies? There are no fats, in fact, I replaced them with yoghurt.
Let’s jump into the recipe
I started preparing the shortcrust pastry. First, I put the hazelnuts in the freezer and then I mince them. In a large bowl, I mixed the egg with the sugar, added the yogurt and incorporated the flour a little at a time.
I kneaded until a smooth and compact dough was obtained, I wrapped it in cling film and placed it in the fridge to rest.
I took the dough, rolled it out and formed my cookies which I then baked in the oven for about 15 minutes.
In the meantime ... I melted the Nutella in a double boiler until it was so creamy and delicious.
Once cooled, I literally dipped the biscuits in the Nutella cream and I completed everything with chopped hazelnuts.
If you love Nutella too, it's time to go and prepare these Nutella hazelnut cookies right away!
TOTAL TIME 40 minutes + rest time DIFFICULTY not too tricky
Nutella Hazelnut Cookies
- 1 large baking tray
- baking parchmen
- pastry ring
- 210 gr. flour
- 90 gr. sugar
- 100 gr. hazelnuts
- 1 egg
- 125 gr. plain yogurt
- zest of 1 lemon grated
- ½ sachet of baking powder
- Nutella to taste
- chopped hazelnuts to taste
- Place the hazelnuts on a tray and put them in the freezer for 10 minutes. After this time, put them in the mixer and chop finely.
- Sift the flour and baking powder and add them to the hazelnuts. Mix the egg with the sugar with a spatula. Flavor with the grated lemon zest and add the yogurt.
- Incorporate the flours a little at a time.
- Transfer the mixture onto a floured surface, work it lightly and form a loaf.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C. in fan mode. T
- ake the dough out of the refrigerator, roll it out on a floured surface with a thickness of 5 / 6mm. Cut out the biscuits with a pastry ring and arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the biscuits in the preheated oven at 170 ° for 15/18 minutes or until they are slightly golden on the surface. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool.
- Meanwhile, place some water in a fairly narrow pan over the heat. Pour the Nutella into a small bowl that you place on the pan, making sure it does not touch the water. Still stirring, let the cream soften.
- When the biscuits have cooled, spread the cream with a spoon (or dip them directly), sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and let them cool. Nutella Hazelnut Cookies