This soft and light Yogurt Lemon Cake is perfect to be enjoyed with a cup of coffee or tea.
This Cake recipe is delicious, easy and quick to cook during the week for a delightful breakfast or snack.
Given the ease and speed, I love to prepare it early in the morning so as to enjoy it still warm with a nice cup of coffee.
What makes this recipe great
- - It’s that simple.
- - You will already have the ingredients at home
- - The Yogurt Cake recipe is light as it is butter-free.
- - It can be enjoyed with simple icing sugar or with delicious caramel.
What you need
There is nothing complicated in this recipe, you will probably already have all the entrances in the house.
- - 00 flour
- - cornstarch
- - caster sugar
- - natural yogurt
- - egg
- - sunflower oil
- - sachet of yeast
- - lemon zest
- - powdered sugar
How to make this no Butter Cake
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
Grease and lightly flour, or line with parchment paper, a 24 cm diameter mold.
Sift the flour and yeast into a bowl.
In a bowl or planetary mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar with an electric whisk until the mixture is light and fluffy. Still with the whips in action, stir in the oil, yogurt and lemon zest.
Add the sifted flour a little at a time.
Pour everything into the pan and level.
Cook for 35/40 minutes or until the appetizer comes out completely dry.
Let it cool in the mold for a few minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Sprinkle with icing sugar
Tips for this Cake Recipe…….
You can replace plain yogurt with any type of yogurt you like.
You can also enrich the cake with chocolate chips or cut it in half and fill it with jam, Nutella or whatever.
Cakes Recipes you might enjoy:
- 1 1 Fluted Tart tin with removable base 23 cm (9-inch)
- 230 g flour 00
- 50 g cornstarch
- 170 g caster sugar
- 250 g plain yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml of sunflower oil
- 1 sachet of yeast
- zest of 1 lemon
- icing sugar to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 °.
- Grease and flour lightly, or lined with parchment paper, a 24 cm diameter mold.
- Sift flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a bowl or in a planetary mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar whisk until the mixture is clear and frothy. Always with the whisk in action, add the oil, yogurt and lemon zest.
- Add the sifted flour, a little at a time.
- Pour everything into the pan and level.
- Cook for 35/40 minutes or until the appetizer comes out completely dry.
- Let cool in the mold for a few minutes before transferring it to a grate to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar or you can enjoy it with delicious caramel.