This simple pepper and balsamic vinegar Mafaldine is so quick and easy that you can serve it any day of the week but it's also so delicate that it is suitable for a dinner with friends. And guess what? Everyone loves this dish!
This creamy pasta with peppers is the perfect and welcoming recipe we need right now. The pasta is seasoned with a pepper sauce enhanced by the unmistakable taste of balsamic vinegar that make it truly delicious. Balsamic vinegar adds a sweetish flavor, a refined and unique scent to this creamy paste.
And what about this type of pasta? It’s so beautiful and I love it! Check out also Reginette alla Carbonara.
First I washed and peeled the peppers, then I cut them into strips. In a saucepan, I heated the oil with the finely chopped onion, I added the peppers that I browned for a minute. I sprinkled them with balsamic vinegar and let them cook with a lid.
In a pot with plenty of salted boiling water, I cooked the pasta.
In a bowl, I mixed the cheese and thyme leaves with the pasta cooking water to make it very creamy.
I drained the pasta a minute earlier, transferred it directly into the pot with the peppers in balsamic vinegar, added the cream cheese, almonds and mixed everything to mix the ingredients.
I served my Reginette with peppers in balsamic vinegar garnishing the dish with almonds.
Recipes you might enjoy:
Peppers Pasta with Balsamic and Almonds
- 350 gr. Reginette/Mafaldine Spaghetti are fine too
- 600 gr. peppers between yellow and red
- 180 gr. Philadelphia type spreadable cheese
- 120 gr. onion
- 1 tbls balsamic vinegar
- 2 tabls of extra virgin olive oil
- fresh thyme to taste
- 30 gr. sliced almonds
- Place a saucepan with plenty of water on the stove to cook the pasta.
- Peel the onion and slice it finely.
- In a large pan, heat the oil, add the onion and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, clean the peppers of the seeds and filaments and cut them into strips. Add the peppers to the onion and sprinkle with the balsamic vinegar. Salt lightly.
- Cover and cook for about 15/20 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally. If necessary, add a little water from the pasta.
- In a bowl, mix the cheese with a spoon adding, little by little, the cooking water until it is creamy.
- Add a few leaves of thyme to the cream cheese.
- Cook the pasta, drain it "al dente", retaining some of the cooking water, and transfer it directly to the pan with the peppers in balsamic vinegar. Add the cream cheese, half the almonds and a little cooking water kept aside to make it even more creamy.
- Your pasta is ready!
- Serve the Reginette with Peppers in Balsamic Vinegar garnish with the remaining almonds and a few leaves of thyme.